Best 4th of July Fireworks Shows
With the Fourth of July only one day away many cities will be celebrating the birth of our country with some type of fireworks show. Unfortunately, for a number of us living within the city limits or facing a drought caused burn-ban, it’s a bummer if you’re planning on creating your own show, which is exactly why we have come up with our top picks for the best fireworks shows in America. If we could pick 5 places at once, here is where we would be celebrating. Please feel free to add your top picks to the list.
5. New Orleans, Louisiana – Go 4th On The River Have you ever sat riverside, watching dueling barges put on a fireworks show across the Mississippi River? Neither have we but this 22nd annual fireworks extravaganza was ranked as one of the TOP FIVE MUST-SEE FIREWORKS DISPLAYS IN THE U.S. by the American Pyrotechnics Association.
4. Lake Tahoe, Nevada – Lights On The Lake Recognized by NBC’s Today Show as one the country’s top Fourth of July celebrations, this show is a site worth seeing. Whether you watch this fireworks display from the shoreline, on the river, or in the water you’re bound to see the “rocket’s red glare” and “bombs bursting in air” from all over town.
3. Addison, Texas – Kaboom Town!® Although this may not be the largest town just remember one thing, “Everything is bigger in Texas” and this light show draws a crowd of half a million spectators from all over the Metroplex. Rated as one of the top shows to see in the country and ranked as the #3 biggest show in America grab your friends and family, listen to live music, eat some great food and see for yourself how Texas celebrates this holiday.
2. New York, New York – Macy’s Fourth of July Fireworks Considered to be “America’s biggest fireworks display” on the Hudson River, and with a lineup featuring Katy Perry and Kenney Chesney who wouldn’t want to celebrate this holiday in the Big Apple? If you can’t make it out not to worry, this show will be broadcast live by local radio stations and also televised by New York’s local NBC station.
1. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Wawa Welcome America! What better way to celebrate the Fourth of July than in America’s Birthplace: Philly! With festivities beginning at noon and over 7 blocks of food and entertainment this day long party is sure to draw a crowd. Oh, and did we mention this is the “Largest Free Concert in America” which will feature musical artists Queen Latifah, Daryl Hall, Common, Joe Jonas and many more followed by Grand Finale Fireworks over the Philadelphia Museum of Art?!?!
As always, if you do plan to put on your own fireworks show, please do so safely. Visit www.fireworksafety.com for tips on how to enjoy your holiday without a trip to the hospital!